What it is:
(From mercuryrecordingequipment.com) Mercury Recording Equipment Company is debuting the first of many products in their new Mercury D Series Line. The first is the Mercury D Seres G810 Rack. From the outside, you might think you have seen this product or something similar before but you are in for a surprise. Using 20 years experience custom racking vintage modules with Marquette Audio Labs and nearly 15 years manufacturing Mercury Recording Equipment Co. products, David Marquette and Mercury Recording Equipment Company pulled out all the stops on their new product, the Mercury G810, and completely reinvented the ‘500 Rack’ inside and out.
The Mercury D Series G810 is not just another piece of hardware, but a quantum leap ahead for a Recording Industry format, making the Mercury G810 the new benchmark in ‘500 racks.’ The G810 is the new standard for reliability, stability and performance and allows you as an engineer, as well as all other ‘500 Module’ manufactures, to get the most out of the limited format. The Mercury G810 provides a solid foundation with the best power structure and regulation using our proprietary Mercury Power Regulation Circuit, Mercury Soft Start Circuit along with the robust Mercury PSU-1 Power Supply.
The new Mercury D Series Line will have additional products in the near future for the Mercury D Series G810 Rack. Future Mercury D Series products that will let you get the most out of the modules you already own and have additional features at your fingertips that some module do not have available. As well Mercury will have several Mercury D Series Modules (Classics and New Designs) and Mercury G8 Modules for slots 9 and 10 to improve the flexibility and add additional features to get even more out of your G810 Rack. The debut of the Mercury D Series G810 Rack is just the beginning of a new recording system from Mercury Recording Equipment Co. and Proudly Made in the USA!
Features of Mercury G810:
- Supports Ten (10) D Series / ‘500 modules’ or Eight (8) D Series / ‘500 Modules’ with a Mercury G8 module in Slots 9 & 10.
- Mercury D Series PSU-1: Custom, Low noise, linear power supply, designed for Professional Audio.
- Mercury Power Regulation Circuit per Slot / Channel and Mercury Soft Start Circuit for powering up gently.
- Bulletproof: Studio Quality Construction yet Road worthy, Heavy Duty Steel and Aluminum chassis.
- Connection Choices: Individual Gold Pin XLR connectors (Ch. 1-10) and convenient DB25 connectors (Ch. 1-8)
- G810 Chain Switch (per channel): This switch allows simple, convenient, internal signal flow among modules.
- G810 Link Switch, (per channel): This switch provides ‘Linking’ of modules that support that feature.
- Custom Ground Lift Switch: Three modes of ground connection insure quiet operation in all environments.
- Flexibility: Convertible between being rack mountable or free standing ‘Table Top’ portable configurations.
The D Series PSU-1 Power Supply is also convertible between being rack mountable or free standing.